SCAMP reads SExtractor catalogs and computes astrometric and photometric solutions for any arbitrary sequence of FITS images in a completely automatic way.Author: Emmanuel Bertin
- 2014-03-20 : At last! By popular request, the official versions of nine AstrOmatic packages have been updated and include all the improvements from the development versions.
- 2010-04-20 : SCAMP V1.7.0 released, fixes critical source matching bug and brings GSC-2.3.2, PPMX, and HTTP proxy support.
- 2009-10-20 : SCAMP V1.6.2 released, brings UCAC-3, SDSS-R7 and merged output catalogue support.
- 2009-10-05 : Many AstrOmatic software packages offer the possibility to generate metadata in XML-VOTable format at the end of an execution run.
- 2009-05-04 : AstrOmatic binary software is packaged slightly differently from older (TERAPIX) releases. Read about the choices made for packaging AstrOmatic software and the main changes between the old and the new system.
Download the latest stable version (V2.0.4)
Both the autoconfigurable source archive and Linux RPM packages are available below. The RPM versions have been optimized to provide the best possible performance on Linux PCs. Please check this page for installation instructions. All versions (including the binaries) rely on PLPlot for plotting and on F.Ochsenbein‘s CDSclient package (which itself requires wget) for querying astrometric reference catalogues. Make sure they are installed and up-to-date before running SCAMP.
The SCAMP documentation is still incomplete (the photometric part is missing) but is reasonably up-to-date.
Bertin 2006: Automatic Astrometric and Photometric Calibration with SCAMP, ASP Conference Series, Vol. 351, 2006, C. Gabriel, C. Arviset, D. Ponz, and E. Solano, eds., p. 112 [PDF] [BibTeX entry].
If you are using the built-in access to astrometric catalogs for your research work, please add the following acknowledgement text: “This research has made use of the VizieR catalogue access tool, CDS, Strasbourg, France”.