SExtractor is a program that builds a catalogue of objects from an astronomical image. Although it is particularly oriented towards reduction of large scale galaxy-survey data, it can perform reasonably well on moderately crowded star fields.Author: Emmanuel Bertin
- 2009-10-05 : Many AstrOmatic software packages offer the possibility to generate metadata in XML-VOTable format at the end of an execution run.
- 2009-06-02 : Playing the weighting game: why caution must be taken when using weight-maps (I).
- 2009-05-04 : AstrOmatic binary software is packaged slightly differently from older (TERAPIX) releases. Read about the choices made for packaging AstrOmatic software and the main changes between the old and the new system.
- 2006-07-14 : SExtractor V2.5.0 fixes several bugs and provides VOTable-compliant outputs for catalog and metadata.
- 2005-10-19 : SExtractor V2.4.4 fixes a few “triggering” issues with WIN parameters.
Download the latest stable version (V2.8.6)
Both the autoconfigurable source archive and Linux RPM packages are available below. The RPM versions have been optimized to provide the best possible performance on Linux PCs.