- 2014-03-20 : At last! By popular request, the official versions of nine AstrOmatic packages have been updated and include all the improvements from the development versions.
- 2010-02-10 : STIFF V2.1 released, adds Mac OS X compatibility and a new COPY_HEADER option.
- 2010-02-01 : STIFF V2.0 released, brings a wealth of new features, including BigTIFF support, image compression, tiled pyramidal TIFF mode and XML-VOTable metadata output.
- 2010-01-31 : Examples of large zoomable images made using STIFF 2.0 and IIPImage: the CFHTLS interactive image gallery.
- 2010-01-29 : Displaying in a proper and consistent way deep-sky astronomical images on a computer screen is not as straightforward as it seems, even with recent monitors. This post helps you tune up your display.
Download the latest version (V2.4.0)
Both the autoconfigurable source archive and Linux RPM packages are available below. The RPM versions have been optimized to provide the best possible performance on Linux PCs and come statically linked with libTIFF 4.0 (BigTIFF support).
You may still download older versions here.
The STIFF documentation is complete and fully up-to-date.