|STIFF V2.0 has been released! This version adds a wealth of new features:|
- complete rewriting of the conversion engine, now based on libTIFF 4.0
- New tiled multiresolution pyramidal TIFF output mode to create giant zoomable pictures for the web. Check out these examples streamed through the IIPImage server software,
- X,Y or XY image flipping options.
- 2-5× better performance than previous version on multi-core machines thanks to multithreaded conversion code and non-blocking calls to libTIFF. Sadly, the libTIFF library itself is not multithreaded,
- Built-in power-law, sRGB and ITU-R BT rec.709 gamma corrections,
- XML-VOTable metadata output, with user-friendly XSLT stylesheet provided.
More details can be found in the ChangeLog.