Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feature Request
10-15-2008, 21:14
Feature Request
Hi,

For any future release of SWarp it would be most helpful to be able to define a constant to be added back to the image whenever SUBTRACT_BACK = Y, in order to avoid negative values in the resampled and later coadded output images.

Regards,

Robert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2008, 16:07
RE: Feature Request
Mmm I am not sure to understand. Why would negative values be a problem?
- Emmanuel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2008, 22:30
I am an amateur astronomer and work with the industry standard MaximDL to process my images. For reasons I don't understand, the MaximDL team has decided that all negative IEEE values are clipped to zero when opening an image. Annoying.

Although Terapix certainly doesn't cater to the amateur community, I posted the request because I figure that it should be easy to implement.

Regards,

Robert

Emmanuel Bertin Wrote:Mmm I am not sure to understand. Why would negative values be a problem?
- Emmanuel.
12-01-2008, 17:57
OK I understand. But then it is up to the MaximDL team to make the necessary change I suppose Big Grin . Note that you may emulate this feature by running SWarp a second time on the background-subtracted coadd together with a positive, constant image and with COMBINE_TYPE set to SUM and RESAMPLE set to N.
- Emmanuel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2009, 23:45
Emmanuel,

Only saw your reply today. The guys at Maxim will definitely not make this change.

Thanks a lot though for the work-around using SWarp. Since I use a script, all I need is to add another line Cool. At least Maxim allows me to generate the required image filled with a constant.

Robert