Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mac 10.5 SCAMP Build Problem with ATLAS
10-26-2010, 00:42
RE: Mac 10.5 SCAMP Build Problem with ATLAS
Hi all,

I'm trying to install SExtractor on my MacOSX 10.5.8 and running into the install problems mentioned here when I run SExtractor's configure (i.e., "checking for clapack_dpotrf in /usr/local/atlas/lib/liblapack.a... no" and "configure: error: CBLAS/LAPack library files not found in /usr/local/atlas/lib! Exiting.") I've tried everything mentioned here: installing different versions of ATLAS (3.6.0, 3.8.0, and 3.9.x), configuring ATLAS with the -b 32 tag (I get the "wrong architecture" error in my config.log file as mentioned by kallers), adding explicit path names to configure tags, replacing -llapack (and the like) with explicit paths in the configure file, etc. I'm just wondering if anyone has other ideas for me; I'm still getting the same errors.

Please help! Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2010, 16:32
Hi,

I've never tried to install sextractor or scamp in a Mac OSX, but I've had similar troubles compiling it in a Fedora-8 64bit Linux PC. Check http://www.astromatic.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=491 to see what the problem was and how it was solved.

Even if it does not help, I suggest that you inspect carefully the config.log file, which is much more detailed and informative that the output printed by configure, and perhaps give you the exact reason why it fails.

Cheers

Nicola
07-27-2012, 18:08
I'm running into this same, and wanted to check if people have found solutions since ~2010 when the last posts on this subject were written.

I'm getting this error preventing me from compiling scamp:
"checking for clapack_dpotrf in -llapack... no"
resulting in:
"configure: error: CBLAS/LAPack library files not found in /opt/local/lib/! Exiting."

I'm running Max OSX 10.6.8 and have installed the latest version of atlas (3.10) using macports. I have then ran configure in the scamp-1.70/ directory using the following flags:
./configure --with-fftw=/opt/local/lib/ -with-fftw-incdir=/opt/local/include/ --with-atlas=/opt/local/lib/ --with-atlas-incdir=/opt/local/include

The atlas related output is:
checking /opt/local/include/cblas.h usability... yes
checking /opt/local/include/cblas.h presence... yes
checking for /opt/local/include/cblas.h... yes
checking /opt/local/include/clapack.h usability... yes
checking /opt/local/include/clapack.h presence... yes
checking for /opt/local/include/clapack.h... yes
checking for clapack_dpotrf in -llapack... no
checking for cblas_dgemm in -lcblas... yes
checking for clapack_dpotrf in -llapack... no
checking for cblas_dgemm in -lcblas... yes
configure: error: CBLAS/LAPack library files not found in /opt/local/lib/! Exiting.

I tried installing scamp via macports and got the same error as I'm getting when trying to install manually. I'd appreciate any help!!!
Anil
08-26-2012, 12:09
Hello,

I have followed these forums for the installation of scamp 1.7.0 on Mac Lion, and I have been successful so far in installing the prerequisites for scamp. I am able to successfully run the configure file for scamp, but I am unable to successfully make scamp after running the configure file.

The error I get is:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_plcol", referenced from:
_cplot_allsky in astrcplot.o
_cplot_astrefprop in astrcplot.o
_cplot_astrcolshift1d in astrcplot.o
_cplot_referrhisto2d in astrcplot.o
_cplot_referrhisto1d in astrcplot.o
_cplot_aderrhisto2d in astrcplot.o
_cplot_aderrhisto1d in astrcplot.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

I have a 64-bit intel processor. I tried compiling ATLAS, a prerequisite for scamp, in 32 bit mode after getting this error, and I have the same result. Has anyone seen this error before?

B
09-05-2012, 10:48 (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 11:55 by ncaon.)
Hi,

I also tried to install scamp in a Mac with Lion and had the same problem. The reason is that in the most recent plplot releases plcol has been deprecated and replaced by plcol0 (see http://mac-os-forge.2317878.n4.nabble.co...291.html).

This problem is fixed in the latest scamp development version, which I managed to compile and install with no issues.

This is basically what I've done (fftw, atlas and plcol were installed with MacPorts):

Code:
wget -O scamp305.tgz "http://www.astromatic.net/wsvn/public/dl.php?repname=public+software.scamp&path=%2Ftrunk%2F&rev=0&isdir=1"
tar -ztvf scamp305.tgz
cd trunk.r305
./configure --with-fftw-libdir=/opt/local/lib \
            --with-fftw-incdir=/opt/local/include \
            --with-atlas-libdir=/opt/local/lib \
            --with-atlas-incdir=/opt/local/include \
            --with-plplot-libdir=/opt/local/lib \
            --with-plplot-incdir=/opt/local/include/plplot \
            --prefix=/Users/ncaon/scamp-trunk305
make
make install

Of course you can set prefix to the path of your choice.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Nicola
10-11-2020, 00:57
(06-11-2010 23:57)kallers Wrote:  replaced all instances of:
-llapack with /usr/local/atlas/lib/liblapack.a
-lcblas with /usr/local/atlas/lib/libcblas.a /usr/local/atlas/lib/libf77blas.a
-latlas with /usr/local/atlas/lib/libatlas.a
-lptcblas with /usr/local/atlas/lib/libptcblas.a /usr/local/atlas/lib/libptf77blas.a

This worked for me to configure source extractor and make had no issues after that too.
versions:
sextractor-2.19.5
atlas3.8.3