Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
plotting a contour overlay on top of tiff-images
02-26-2007, 13:52
plotting a contour overlay on top of tiff-images
Hello again,

first of all thank you for this great piece of software. I'm really impressed seeing the color images generated out of my data. The algorithm seems to be very much better than the ds9 code. Smile

But there is one thing left for me: I would like to have x-ray contours over the images. It is not hard to create them via ds9, but one can just save them into text-files (with WCS coords).

So my question (or maybe better: feature request) is: Would it be possible to implement a routine, that plots contours over the images? Or is it even there, but I just did not find it?

Best regards Jan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2007, 22:53
RE: plotting a contour overlay on top of tiff-images
Well, it is not there. But why would be interesting to implement such a feature in a program meant for producing colour composite images? I can't think of many people who would want to use it! It's seems too much like feature creep ... you wouldn't want stiff to turn into microsoft word now would you?

cheers
henry
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2007, 13:31
Well, I neither use Microsoft Word nor Microsoft software at all since years, so I can't tell anything about their features. Wink

The thing I thought of was the following: I compose a color image of optical/infrared data with STIFF, which works fine an looks really great. But the object I'm interested in are x-ray selected ones and I wanted to plot the x-ray contours (or maybe the x-ray image in somewhat transparent mode, but that seems only more difficult) over the color image, so that I have all the information, color and x-rays in one image and one could easily see the important things.

But maybe you're right and that only few else people would need such a feature, so OK, I just wanted to ask. Smile

Best regards Jan
03-28-2008, 14:38
Please have a look at:

http://terapix.iap.fr/forum/showthread.php?tid=331

Best regards Jan